Key Travel’s visa team was set up over 15 years ago to assist travellers with their visa applications, saving our clients valuable time and money. Our long-standing relationships with embassies and agencies allow for greater flexibility and assistance for those times where best laid plans go astray. Let Key Travel’s specialist visa team organise your application,and benefit from:
Full Visa Service
- Lodge, collect and despatch service, including express service options, saving you time and travel costs
- Comprehensive application check and consultation, to minimise the chance of stressful delays
- Automated email updates confirming status at each stage of the application process
- Visa advice provided on all travel options and confirmations including visa requirements for destinations, stopovers and transit points
- Fully dedicated help desk manned by a team of visa specialists
- Online visa database, updated daily, providing downloadable forms and comprehensive information on embassy requirements
- Step by step visa packs available to help travellers complete their application as efficiently as possible
Before Arranging Travel
Wherever possible we would strongly advise arranging your visa prior to confirming your travel arrangements.
Check under the relevant country section of the Key Travel Visa Database to check there is sufficient time to processing your visa.
It is not always possible for Non-UK passport holders to apply for visas at embassies in the UK. Check the visa database or the Visa Team before submitting your application
- Airlines may require passengers to have a minimum of 6 months validity on their passport even if a visa has been issued. Please check if unsure.
- If you have less than three blank concurrent pages in your passport you may need to get a new passport before applying for a visa (The observation page cannot be used for visa purposes). Damaged or blemished pages may not be counted as blank pages. Please check if unsure.
- Many countries conditions of entry include providing a yellow fever certificate if the passenger has recently visited a country that is recognised by the World Health Organisation as being at high risk of carrying yellow fever.
Before submitting your application
- Guideline processing times provided by the embassies can be found under the relevant country section of the Visa Database. These are estimates based on standard turnaround times once the embassy has received the application. If you are unsure as to whether there is sufficient time please contact the Key Travel Visa Team before submitting your application.
- For urgent or late applications please check with the Visa Team. For some embassies we are able to offer an express service. Express fees and additional courier costs may apply.
- Check our embassy closure list before submitting your visa application, as embassy closures will increase processing times.
- Our standard service is that applications received before 17:00 will be lodged at the embassy the following working day. Please check with the Visa Team for late applications. Express fees and any additional bespoke courier costs may apply. Click here.
- Download a visa pack from the visa database and double check all requirements
- Photos should have a plain background and be on photographic paper. Check the visa database as different sizes are required by different embassies.
- All applications that are sent to us need to include a Key Travel visa booking form. This is used to notify us of a number of important details regarding the application.
- Applications should be sent to the address below by Royal Mail Special Delivery or a similar postal service that can be tracked*. Click here for directions and office hours.
28-32 Britannia Street
*Please note consequential losses are not covered. For particularly important applications where delays are likely to cause significant financial loss, we would recommend a bike courier or collection from our office.
- Visa Pack
Once notified of an application, the applicable visa pack will be emailed to the customer
- Receipt and Lodge Advice
Email to customer advising application received at our office
Email to customer advising total cost and submission date at Embassy
- Collection Note
Email to customer advising estimated collection date from Embassy
- Despatch Advice
Email to customer confirming despatch method and ETA
The Key Travel visa team carry out a number of checks before the application is lodged, including the standard 10 point check list for every application:
- Dates - Check date required back - Is there sufficient time to process the application (including public holidays/embassy closures)?
- Personal Data - Check name on application matches passport
- Service - Has express service been requested? Would we recommend it?
- Visa Type - Does type of visa (Business/Tourist) match trip details?
- Passport - Are there sufficient pages? Is there sufficient validity left?
- Non-UK - Is residency permit valid? Check address on utility bills matches application
- Signed - Has the form been completed and signed? Is handwriting legible?
- Photos - Have the correct photos been received and are they the correct size?
- Letters - Check name on invitation letter matches passport
- Despatch - Has customer specified a delivery method? Has a particular delivery time been requested?
Guideline consular fees are listed under the relevant country section of our visa database. Exact charges will be advised once the application has been processed.
*Express fees and any additional bespoke courier costs may apply.
For a list of our fees, click here