The Environment and Us
We are committed to developing our business operations in accordance with the principles of sustainable development. By identifying the areas we can influence and implementing changes, we aim to ensure that we play our part in preserving the environment for future generations.
- We have introduced an environmental management system to manage the environmental issues we can directly influence, to ensure compliance with legislation and prevention of pollution. In the summer of 2011 we attained the ISO14001 standard.
- To work towards an integrated approach so that environmental improvements in one area do not have a negative environmental impact on other areas of the business operation.
- To regularly provide information and communication to staff to promote awareness of the Environmental Policy and encourage a sense of environmental responsibility. Where areas for improvement are identified, we will work to implement updates and changes, as necessary. A copy of the Environmental Policy is published on the company website.
- We fully agree with the principle of reduce, reuse and recycle. We use electronic communications within our organization and with clients to minimize the use of paper. Our booking system is paperless and where possible all records are kept on systems rather than paper files. We recycle paper, glass, plastic, toner cartridges and IT equipment.
- E-billing is our preferred method of issuing invoices and all airline tickets are e-tickets, therefore paperless.
- Our Staff Travel Policy stipulates that we use public transport to attend meetings, conferences etc. where practicable to keep carbon emissions to a minimum.
- We do not provide staff parking facilities at our offices in order to encourage the use of public transport for journeys to and from the workplace, plus we have introduced the 'cycle to work' scheme to encourage staff to cycle to work.
- One of our energy suppliers is Good Energy, a supplier of 100% renewable energy.
- It is our company policy to provide hybrid cars (or cars that output CO2 less than 110g/KM) for staff that need one to perform their role fully - e.g. the Sales Team. To ensure fuel efficiency, we use satellite navigation route planning as well as ensuring all our vehicles are regularly serviced.
- We have installed video conferencing facilities in all offices to avoid unnecessary travel to meetings.
- Key Travel recommends Climate Care for carbon offsetting programs
We are proud to have achieved ISO 14001 accreditation in July 2011, demonstrating our passion and commitment to the environment.
ISO 14001 provides a framework for the development of an environmental management system. It applies to those environmental aspects that the organisation identifies as those which it can control and those which it can influence.
Print this page