As a global travel management company, we know cutting business travel emissions completely isn’t realistic. But there are still many things we can do to protect people and the environment.
For starters, we have committed to becoming a carbon neutral organisation ourselves by 2025. We always work with green suppliers whenever we can and report on our progress regularly.
We work closely with our customers to make sure their travel policies reflect their sustainability commitments, and offer global best practice examples of how to reduce the environmental impact of their travel programmes.
Our customers can also benefit from following:
- We offer one of the most advanced carbon reporting tools in the travel industry, KT Insights.
- We automatically collect data on air and rail travel distances worldwide and provide our customers with reports calculating their CO2 emissions.
- KT Online, our booking system and app, allows bookers to search, rank and book travel options by the greenest as well as the cheapest.
- KT Online will soon allow bookers to offset carbon emissions online, and plans are advanced to offer carbon offsetting offline in 2021.
- Our new partnership with Cool Effect, one of the world's leading carbon offsetting providers - will also offer our customers attractive carbon offsetting options from early 2021.
Key Travel’s 2020-2025 environmental sustainability programme
Key features of our plan to protect the planet for years to come include:
- supporting our customers with reducing carbon impact from business travel
- carbon management scoring and best practice examples to help improve scores
- a sustainable travel policy template that can be adapted for our customers’ specific needs
- green flight searches and choices through KT Online, our online booking tool
- measuring carbon emissions using certified calculations and pinpointing areas for improvement through KT Insights
- carbon offsetting through Cool Effect, our world leading carbon reduction partner.